Obsah fóra koppel.cz koppel.cz
Díky, krtku...

FAQFAQ   HledatHledat   Seznam uživatelůSeznam uživatelů   Uživatelské skupinyUživatelské skupiny   RegistraceRegistrace 
 ProfilProfil   Soukromé zprávySoukromé zprávy   PřihlášeníPřihlášení 

Anybody experiencing speed problem (E220)?

Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď    Obsah fóra koppel.cz -> English: Our firmware for USB modems
Zobrazit předchozí téma :: Zobrazit následující téma  
Autor Zpráva
Mr F

PříspěvekZaslal: út září 09, 2008 8:23 am    Předmět: Anybody experiencing speed problem (E220)? Citovat

When connecting my E220 to the Asus router I get transmission speeds that are well below what I can get with the E220 connected directly to a computer. The status ligt on the modem signals HSDPA. Anyone else with the same problem?
Zobrazit informace o autorovi Odeslat soukromou zprávu
anttu
CDMA geek

PříspěvekZaslal: ne září 28, 2008 3:50 pm    Předmět: Re: Anybody experiencing speed problem (E220)? Citovat

Yes. I am using E169 and I have download speed from net of 200-300 kb/s. While connected to PC with the same modem, exactly the same location etc. I get the "normal" 600 to 1000 kb/s.

Please help, because this makes the system pretty close to unusable.
Zobrazit informace o autorovi Odeslat soukromou zprávu Zobrazit autorovy WWW stránky
anttu
CDMA geek

PříspěvekZaslal: ne září 28, 2008 4:27 pm    Předmět: Re: Anybody experiencing speed problem (E220)? Citovat

The problem was solved.

I changed the Asus modem settings, USB device packet size to 4096. After apply/finish/restart my speed jumped up to 600-800 kb/s that is my max speed also when direclty plugged in to my PC.
Zobrazit informace o autorovi Odeslat soukromou zprávu Zobrazit autorovy WWW stránky
Mr F

PříspěvekZaslal: čt říjen 02, 2008 11:32 am    Předmět: Citovat

Problem solved here too. In my case it was the APN adress that was the culprit. I was using one that only gave non-turbo access.
jk

PříspěvekZaslal: st prosinec 10, 2008 12:42 pm    Předmět: Citovat

Glad I came across this post, because I also feel there's something wrong with the connection when being on-line with Huawei E270 and the Asus. It's hard to tell for sure, because my cellular connection quality depends a lot on time of day and other things.

However, in general:
1) when E270 is connected directly to my laptop I can hardly tell if I use 3G or regular ADSL
2) E270+Asus - I'd say the web pages load considerably slower, but maybe it's just me.
3) decided to do some tests, all performed same day 0:00 to 0:40 local time (at night, when the quality is best), modem never touched, same position in all tests, no external antenna.

Results:
1) laptop

2) Asus, default USB device packet size (0)

3) Asus, USB device packet size: 4096

Conclusions
1) laptop: good Dl and best Ul speed - I did only one test because I tested the connection with laptop several times already when I bought the modem and it always gave good results: low ping, 2-3.5Mb/s down, 200-300Kb/s up
2) Asus with default packet size - seems to have problems, huge ping time once and poor Ul speed.
3) Asus 4096 - good Ul speeds, best pings, best Dl

Don't know for sure (eventually it's ~2GHz wave in the air - pretty vulnerable) but decided to leave the packet size as 4096. Does anybody know what's the default value? Why the difference?
engy
CDMA Developer

PříspěvekZaslal: pá prosinec 12, 2008 1:29 pm    Předmět: Citovat

Default value is the value reported by modem and this is usually 64 bytes usb packet length.
Khurram
CDMA geek

PříspěvekZaslal: po září 14, 2009 12:47 am    Předmět: Citovat

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. How do you change/set the USB device packet size? In my case, its an EVDO modem Huawei EC168C.

Thanks.

Edit:

Found the answer at http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=68649&postcount=28. I think that post refers to an older version of the firmware. In the version that I am using (1.9.2.7-10), you can set the packetsize right in the GUI (at least for the dialup option that I am using).
Zobrazit příspěvky z předchozích:   
Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď    Obsah fóra koppel.cz -> English: Our firmware for USB modems Časy uváděny v GMT + 1 hodina
Strana 1 z 1

Přejdi na: